The two-hour parent class is required by the State for completion of the driver's ed curriculum. State-mandated subjects along with important licensing information is discussed.
The parent class must be done before the driver education certificate can be ordered, which precedes the road test by 3 weeks.
If you took the parent class within the past 5 years, you do not need to take it again, provided that we receive a copy of the certificate if you attended the class elsewhere. Parent class is not required if student is over the age of 18. We'll keep your attendance on file, therefore no need to produce a parent class certificate from us for younger siblings.
To register, call 508-459-1331 anytime and leave us a message with both your name and the student's name. (Open to parents of our students only)
Driver's license requirements/Parent or guardian
Below are the requirements for applicants between the ages of 16½ and 18 to obtain a driver's license:
- Have a valid learner's permit for at least 6 consecutive months before taking the road test. (Any suspension will invalidate the permit and the 6 months will start again when the suspension has ended.)
- Maintain a clean driving record for at least 6 consecutive months before taking the road test.
- Successfully complete a driver education program, which includes 30 hours of classroom instruction; 12 hours of in-car, behind-the-wheel training; and 6 hours of in-car observation of other student drivers.
- Complete at least an additional 40 hours of supervised, behind-the-wheel driving as shown by a certified statement by a parent or guardian.
- The RMV will accept 30 hours of driving supervised by a parent or guardian if the applicant completes a driver skills development program.
- A parent or guardian must participate in 2 hours of instruction on the driver's education course (unless they have completed one within the past 5 years).
- Pass a final exam.