Driver's Ed VIRTUAL Class
Richways Auto School offers Driver Education program through online using zoom.com. Kindly check on our scheduled classes and sign up online.CLASS SCHEDULE REGISTER
Driver's education requirements
To be eligible for a driver education certificate, a student must complete the following two program components:
- Classroom Instruction consisting of a minimum of 30 hours for the purpose of educating and familiarizing students with Massachusetts motor vehicle law and of safe and proper operation of a motor vehicle.
- Motor Vehicle On-Road Instruction consisting of 18 hours of instruction in a driving training motor vehicle including a minimum of 12 hours of actual behind-the-wheel instruction and 6 hours of observation while another student is taking behind-the-wheel instruction.
A student must complete the driver education program (both classroom instruction and motor vehicle on-road instruction) within 2 years from the first session in a driver education program. A student must have a valid learner's permit and be 16 years of age before she/he may participate in motor vehicle on-road instruction.
Classroom instruction covers at a minimum the following areas of study:
- The Massachusetts driver's license
- The driver's license privilege
- Motor vehicle safety
- Rules of the road
- Defensive driving and special situations
- Vehicle ownership
On-road instruction is designed to train each student in the various controls and devices in the driver's compartment and how to apply their new driving knowledge to the road. Instructors are required at a minimum to teach how to start the engine, engage the gears, make left and right turns, turn the vehicle around, stop and start on hills and grades, back-up, park, and drive in traffic and on the open highway.